Homemade Protein Trail Mix
Love trail mix but hate the price tag and/or can’t find one with your favorite ingredients? Make your own at home packed with protein clusters for HALF THE PRICE!
• 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
• 1/2 Cup Dry Roasted Edamame
• 1/4 Cup Almond
• 1/4 Cup Pistachios
• 1/2 Cup Dried Fruit
• 2 Tablespoons (32g) Peanut Butter
• 2 Tablespoons (30g) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
• 1 Ounce Milk or Milk Substitute
• 1 Scoop (38g) Protein Powder (I prefer 100% Whey or Lean Pro8)
• 1/2 Cup (40g) Rolled Oats
1. Make your Protein Clusters by melting and mixing your Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chips, and Milk together either in the microwave or on the stove
2. Mix in your Protein Powder and Rolled Oats
3. Shape your Protein Clusters however big you want them, place them on a baking sheet, and put them in the freezer until frozen
4. Add all of your ingredients together (including your Protein Clusters) inside a bag and shake until mixed
Tips: Use whatever kind of dried fruit you want (I like bananas)! Change up the flavor of your clusters by using another flavor protein powder!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.
LABRADA YOUTUBE LINK: https://youtu.be/ObrjP46T0Ms