High-Protein Microwave Strawberry Cobbler
With the return of fall comes the return of warmer desserts! The first dessert on our list — a healthier, high-protein microwave strawberry cobbler! Yes, this is seriously a microwave strawberry cobbler recipe using our Baking Protein and it tastes just as good as it looks!
• 1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
• 1 Tablespoon (12g) Light Brown Sugar
• 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
• 1/2 Tablespoon Melted Butter
• 2 Tablespoons (15g) Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
• 1 1/2 Ounces Milk or Milk Substitute
• 1 Scoop (30g) The Protein Chef Baking Protein
• 1 Tablespoon Sweetener
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• Pinch of Baking Powder
• Pinch of Salt
1. Mix together your Frozen Strawberries, Light Brown Sugar, and 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
2. Microwave your Frozen Strawberry mix for 60-90 seconds or until they’re defrosted
3. Melt your Butter, pour it over your Frozen Strawberry mix, and lightly mix it in
4. In a separate bowl mix together the rest of your ingredients and pour that mix over your Frozen Strawberry Mix
5. Microwave for 1-2 minutes or until your top dough looks done and top it with some light brown sugar
• If you’re using fresh fruit then you don’t need to microwave it as suggested in step 2
• Be careful — this will be HOT!
• Try using different fruit for new delicious treats
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.