Herb and Citrus Zucchini Boats
Vegetables pack a powerful nutritional punch, but did you know they can pack a ton of flavor?! Make this low carb spin on a classic dish. These boats are overflowing with good-for-you foods, have tons of protein, and will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
1. Set your oven to 425◦
2. Cut zucchini in half and hollow out.
3. Chop the leftovers from the inside of the zucchini.
4. Heat a skillet over medium-high.
5. Spray with cooking spray.
6. Season, add to skillet, and brown ground turkey.
7. Add veggies to turkey.
8. Place zucchini in a pan, and add a few spoonfuls of marinara in the bottom of each zucchini.
9. Fill with mixture and top w/ some cheese.
10. Bake at 425◦ for 13-15 minutes. Enjoy!
About the Author
Becca Mitchell is a Certified Personal Trainer, Self Love Advocate, and Mom of 2. She’s the owner of Becca Mitchell Fitness, specializing in finding balance in fitness, food, and every day life. Becca’s passions lie in helping women find a fitness and nutrition plan that works for their individual goals, and learning how to embrace the beauty and messiness of life through self-care and self-love. With food as one of her self-proclaimed Love Languages, and as a mom of 2 small children, she learns creative (and delicious!) ways to make her family’s favorite meals out of healthy, fueling ingredients.
For more on Becca, check out www.beccamitchell.com!