Easy Southwestern Fish Tacos
Step up your taco game with these easy to prepare Southwestern Fish Tacos! You only need a few ingredients, your favorite fish, and around 15 minutes of time…
• Your Choice of Fish (For this Recipe I Used 1lb./160z. of Tilapia)
• Southwestern Seasoning
• Ground Cumin
• Fresh Lime Juice
• Olive Oil
*Optional Toppings (Salsa, Cheese, Guacamole, etc.)
1. Coat one side of your Fish with your Southwestern Seasoning, Ground Cumin, Salt, and Fresh Lime Juice
2. Take out a stove-top pan, turn your burner on medium-high heat, and add in some Olive Oil
3. Once your pan heats up, add in your fish (seasoned side down)
4. Coat your other side with the same ingredients
5. Flip after a few minutes, and cook until done
6. Create your tacos by filling some tortillas with your fresh fish, and garnishing with your choice of toppings!
Tips: Fish should be cooked to 145F°/62C°!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel, shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive— it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in magazines, on the news, and TV shows are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation”, and is without question the most important habit he follows.