Easy Slow-Cooker Chicken Parmesan Dinner
The slow-cooker is such a time-saving device. Simply prep the dish, and walk away to run errands. Here is one of my most favorite slow-cooker meal prep recipes: Slow-Cooker Chicken Parmesan. This recipe is super easy to make and packs a whopping 528 grams of protein.
• 3 Pounds (48 Ounces) Chicken Breast
• 2 Cans (or 56 Ounces ) No Salt Added Crushed Tomatoes, Salsa, or Pasta Sauce
• 1 Chopped Red Onion
• 1 Tablespoon Basil
• 1 Teaspoon Parsley
• 1 Teaspoon Oregano
• 1 Box (14.5 Ounces) Pasta (or HALF/NONE)
• 3 Ounces Fat Free (or Reduced Fat) Cream Cheese
• 1 1/2 Cups Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
1. Add your Chicken, Sauce, Basil, Parsley, and Oregano into your slow cooker
2. Mix everything up a bit
3. Cook those on Low for 6-7 hours or High for 4 hours (cooking time depends on how thick your chicken breast is)
4. Remove your cover and shred your chicken using two forks
5. Mix in your Cream Cheese and Pasta
6. Sprinkle on your cheese
7. Continue cooking on Low for 10-15 minutes
Makes 7 Servings
• Use your favorite pasta sauce
• Find a lower-sugar sauce to cut down on carbs
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.