Easy Cheesy Tuna Omelette
Ready to switch things up? We’re taking cheap sources of protein to the next level and combining both eggs AND tuna! This Easy Cheesy Tuna Omelette is packed with over 80 grams of protein and super easy to make your own!
• 5 Large Whole Eggs
• 1/4 Cup (2 Ounces) Milk or Milk Substitute
• Black Pepper
• 1 Can Drained Tuna
• 4 Tablespoons (56g) Fat Free Cream Cheese
• 1/2 Cup (56g) Your Choice Cheese
• 6 Tablespoons (96g) Fat Free Sour Cream
• 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
• 1/4 Teaspoon Dill Weed
• 1 1/2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
1. Mix your Eggs and Milk together
2. Take out a stove top pan, turn your burner on medium heat, and coat it with non-stick cooking spray
3. Pour your egg mix in and sprinkle on your Black Pepper
4. Mix together the rest of your ingredients in a bowl
5. After a couple minutes (your eggs should move together when you shake your pan), spoon your tuna mix onto one side of your omelette
6. Close your omelette off, cover, and let it cook for a few minutes
Tip: Use reduced or full-fat ingredients if you can’t find fat free!
Add in some chopped vegetables, other spices or herbs, etc!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.