Cauliflower Protein Pancakes
Who knew pancakes could be low carb AND delicious? These Cauliflower Protein Pancakes are packed with flavor, filling, fluffy, and take less than 10 minutes to make!
• 1/2 Head (200g) Fresh Cauliflower
• 1/4 Cup (28g) Coconut Flour (or Almond Flour)
• 1 Scoop (38g) Protein Powder (I prefer 100% Whey or Lean Pro8)
• 1 Tablespoon Sweetener
• 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
• 9 Tablespoons Egg Whites
• 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
• 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract *Optional
1. Add all of your ingredients into either a really powerful blender or food processor
2. Blend/process everything together until smooth
3. Turn a burner on medium heat and coat a pan with some non-stick cooking spray
4. Pour your mix in and cook each side for around 2-3 minutes
Frozen cauliflower will have too much water content…USE FRESH CAULIFLOWER!
Add in some cocoa powder if you’re using chocolate protein!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.
LABRADA YOUTUBE LINK: https://youtu.be/ObrjP46T0Ms