Breakfast Blueberry Protein Muffins
It’s time we reinvent the usually unhealthy and overpriced Blueberry Muffin! Today we keep them DELICIOUS, under 150 calories, and packed with protein!
• 3 Large Whole Eggs
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
• 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
• 1/2 Cup (113g/4 Ounces) Unsweetened Apple Sauce
• 1/2 Cup (56g) Coconut Flour
• 1 1/2 Scoops (57g) 100% Whey Vanilla Protein Powder
• 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
• 1 Tablespoon Sweetener *Optional
• 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
• 1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries
1. Combine and mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl (mix on low so you don’t “burst” all of your blueberries)
2. Take out a muffin pan, line it (optional), and evenly distribute your mix into each spot
3. Top each muffin with a couple blueberries and press them in
4. Bake on 375F/190C for around 15-20 minutes
Tip: If your mix is too thick, add in some egg whites!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.