Black Bean & Egg Breakfast Bowls
Start your morning off right with a bowl that’s packed with healthy fats, complex carbs, fiber, AND protein! This whole Lean Body Breakfast Bowls recipe only takes around 5 minutes and it’s ABSOLUTELY delicious!
• 3/4 Cup (195g) Reduced Sodium Black Beans
• 3 Large Whole Eggs
• 3 Large Egg Whites
• Pinch of Salt
• Pinch of Black Pepper
• 4 Tablespoons (60g) Salsa
• 1/4 Cup (28g) Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
• Avocado Slices
1. Drain, rinse and heat up your Black Beans and set aside.
2. Whisk together Whole Eggs, Egg Whites, salt and pepper.
3. Spray large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium heat.
4. Cook and scramble eggs as desired.
5. Take out a bowl.
6. Add in your Black Beans followed by your Eggs, Salsa, Cheddar Cheese, and Avocado Slices
Tips: Microwave your bowl after you add in your cheese for 30 seconds if you want it melted!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel, shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive— it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in magazines, on the news, and TV shows are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation”, and is without question the most important habit he follows.
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.