Chocolate Coconut Cream Muffins
These decadent muffins make a great snack, dessert, or breakfast treat. With a healthy dose of fiber and protein in each muffin, they’re sure to keep you full for longer, too!
• ¼ cup canned coconut milk (use the solid portion)
• 2 eggs
• ¼ cup Greek yogurt
• ¼ cup almond meal flour
• ¼ cup cocoa powder
• 1 scoop Lean Body for Her chocolate whey protein powder
• ¼ cup xylitol
• 3 tablespoons coconut flour
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
Optional Add-Ins: chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place 8 silicon cupcake liners on a sheet pan and set aside.
3. Whisk together the first 3 ingredients until smooth.
4. Add the remainder of ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
5. Spoon muffin batter in each liner until each liner is about 2/3 full.
6. Bake in the oven for 14-18 minutes.
7. Let muffins cool on wire rack — then enjoy!
Makes 8 servings. 1 serving = 1 muffin (without optional add-ins)
• 1 Serving: 114 calories, 7.8g protein, 12.4g carbs, 6.2g fat, 1.5g sugar, 3.5g fiber
About the Author:
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog www.ProteinTreatsByNicolette.com has all of my past and present recipes