Keto-Friendly Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
What if I were say that you could make a peanut butter cup milkshake with less than 5 grams of net carbs? Would you believe me? Well here it is! This recipes makes enough for 2 thick chocolaty peanut butter cup shakes — and is absolutely delicious!
• 1 Cup (8 Ounces) Almond Milk
• 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 2 Tablespoons (10g) Cocoa Powder
• 1 Tablespoon Sweetener
• 1 Scoop (30g) The Protein Chef Baking Protein
• 1 Tablespoon (16g) Peanut Butter
• 1/4 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
Makes 2 Shakes
1. Blend it all up
• A bag of xanthan gum is a terrific, gluten-free thickener for shakes. A decent bag will run you about $10 or less. It should last a you really long time!
• Try to use sugar-free or reduced fat ingredients where you can.
• Whole recipe: Calories: 374, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Sodium: 312mg, Carbs: 14g, Net Carbs = 10g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 30g
• 1 Shake: Calories: 187, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 156mg, Carbs: 7g, Net Carbs = 5g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 15g
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.